At-Home Wellness Resources
We’ve compiled some resources for getting through (even thriving during!) your days at home over the upcoming weeks. We know there’s a lot of info out there, so see what resonates with you right now and whizz by the rest. Except for those created by CSD Social-Emotional Liaison Jennifer McMillan, these resources are not endorsed by Camas School District.
We invite you to attend an upcoming social-emotional wellness event! All in-person activities are open to the public unless specified (due to seating, parking, or audience constraints). All virtual events are also open to the public.
Event & Resources Archive
Missed an event or want to learn something new? Select a resource from our archive.
Camas School District offers numerous resources that contribute to student wellness. To expand our reach even further, in 2017 the Student Wellness Program began.
Our steps were inspired by 2016 ThoughtExchange survey responses from students, parents/guardians, staff, and community members, as well as guidance from the State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).
The ThoughtExchange survey responses published in May 2019 further reinforce the focus of our work.
We can – and must – support each student on a path to a hopeful future.
Today, we extend an ever-evolving umbrella of support for students, families, and staff. We create opportunities for students at every grade level to develop experiences, expression, relationships, and emotional-management skills that will lead to healthful daily living. And we are guided by three principles that shape our work:
- Cultural Responsiveness
- Professional Learning
- School/Family/Community Partnerships
To read more about the progress of our work over the 2017-18 school year, view the May 2018 two-page district newsletter, “What we’re doing for wellness.”
CEF Major Grant
- Student Transitions
- Student Engagement
- Family Engagement Support
We are extremely grateful for the support of CEF, and for the many generous donors who fund extraordinary teaching and learning in Camas schools. Thank you!
With our guiding principles and core priorities in mind, we have set these goals for our students, staff, and partnerships:
- Increase internal assets for students to become their “preferred selves.”
- Foster meaningful connections with adults, mentors, and peers.
- Build self-awareness, regulation, and prosocial skills.
- Increase training to grow and stretch individuals’ knowledge base.
- Empower staff to connect with students and support social-emotional growth.
- Engage in conversations and listen to students, staff, parents/guardians, and community.
- Invite all to be teammates in participating in developing and maintaining external assets.
Student Wellness Program All-Stars
The CSD is home to amazing students and staff doing incredible things!
In the News
See what the media is saying about student wellness in Camas Schools.
- Doing 3 Good Things: Camas honors Hilinski, raises mental health awareness – The Columbian, September 6, 2018
- Camas Schools Prioritize Wellness: Wellness Strategy Supports Students, Teachers, Parents – Camas-Washougal Post-Record, March 1, 2018
- Get Your Yoga On – The Camasonian,
We appreciate your willingness to learn and grow with our students!