2022-2023 Free & Reduced Meal Service Information
Due to changes in Federal funding, free meals will no longer be offered this year. Families will be responsible for full meal costs unless they are approved for free or reduced-cost meals. Free or reduced meal applications must be submitted yearly, even if you had previously qualified. Parents are responsible for any meal charges made before an application is processed and approved. Also, the timely submission of an application is critical. Benefits can only begin after the application has been processed and approved, which can take up to 10 days.
Important: Washington Income Guidelines have changed, creating more opportunities for CSD families. For example, a family of four with a yearly gross income of $51,338 or less qualifies for free meals.
How to apply for Free & Reduced Meal Service (can take up to 10 days to process):
- Read the informational letter for the 2022 – 2023 school year: English or Espanol.
- Download and complete the application here: English or Espanol. You can pick up a paper application at your student’s school or district office. Email the application to email@example.com, or mail it to the Zellerbach Administration Center, 841 NE 22nd Avenue, Camas, WA 98607.
- You can also apply online through Skyward Family Access. (Once you are logged into Family Access, click the Food Service tab on the left. Select one of your students, then click the word Applications near the top of the page on the right. Click Add Application and follow the instructions.)
Other Benefits to Free & Reduced Meal Qualification:
Families are strongly encouraged to complete a meal benefits form for additional discounts and offers to support their child’s educational experience. We want to help, and the State requires completed meal benefit forms for assistance programs. Students who qualify for meal benefits are also eligible for discounted rates on:
- Athletic fees
- Club fees
- District technology fees
- School-age childcare (SAC)
- AP tests
- SAT/ACT tests
Applying and qualifying for meal benefits can also help students with:
- Financial aid (FAFSA, EFC – Expected Family Contribution)
- Scholarship opportunities
- Free wireless hot spots from the 10 Million Project
Participation in the free or reduced meal program helps support students and staff, as well as qualifies the Camas School District for federal funds, including:
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program eligibility
- Eligibility for severe need rates
- National School Lunch Program equipment grants
- Teacher loan forgiveness
- ESEA Programs: Title I, Part A; Title II, Part A; Title V
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Tamara Westmoreland at 360-335-3000 ext. 79094 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MyMealtime.com Account Instructions
Families now have the opportunity to view their student’s lunch purchase history and current balance and to make credit card deposits online. PLEASE NOTE: There is a charge of 5% per transaction for using this service. Deposits can also be made via cash or check (made payable to the student’s school or to Camas School District) and can be sent with the student or dropped off at the school’s front office.
A MealTime account is not required, as all students have a meal account created for them when they register for school. The online account is just an optional way to monitor student balances (meal account balances do not show up in Skyward) or add funds using a debit or credit card. In addition to the 5% transaction fee, there is a minimum deposit amount of $20 per transaction. These fees and limits are set by MealTime.
To create a MealTime account, you will need your student ID number. This number can be found in Skyward Family Access under the Student Info tab and is listed as “Other ID.” Once you have the student’s ID number, go to https://www.mymealtime.com/signin.aspx and follow these steps:
Step 1: Create a MyMealtime.com online parent account
- Click on the “Create new account” link
- Enter a Username and Password. The Username and Password must be at least six characters. For example, Username: jsmith Password: pty845
Step 2: Add Students
- Log in to your MyMealtime.com online account using the Username and Password that you created in Step 1
- Click on Add New Student
- Choose Washington and Camas School District
- Choose your child’s school
- Enter the child’s first name and ID number
- Repeat the process to add more students to your account if needed
- Click Back to Home when you are finished adding students
To Make a Deposit
- Click on the Make Deposit link to deposit funds into the account
- PLEASE NOTE: There is a charge of 5% per transaction for using this service
To View Balance and Purchase History
- Click on View Details next to your student’s name. The balance will appear in the Student Details section. To view purchase history, choose the month you wish to view from the drop-down menu.
If you have any questions, please contact Tamara Westmoreland at 360-335-3000, ext. 79094 or email@example.com.