Career Technical Education (CTE) is an academic pathway based on academic and technical skills, knowledge, and training available to Camas School District high school students. The CTE environment blends core academics with real-world relevance, readying students for opportunities beyond the classroom walls.
Several programs offered throughout Camas School District full under the category of CTE, including Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math experiences such as Robotics, Science Olympiad, and Coding.
- Providing opportunities for career exploration, planning, and preparation
- Enhancing academic applications, achievement, and motivation to learn more
- Acquiring generic work competencies and proficiencies useful for employment
- Attaining foundational skills that support success in educational and professional endeavors
- Establishing pathways for continuing education and lifelong learning
- Preparing for future roles as citizens, leaders, and contributors within the global community
CTE adds relevancy to rigorous coursework through methods such as contextual teaching and learning and applied academics. Students may call it “hands-on.” When they see the relevance of what they are learning, students tend to be more engaged in their education.
For more information, please contact:
Derek Jaques, Director of Career and Technical Education
(360) 335-3000 ext. 77154 • Email
Links to CTE Student Organizations
The following organizations provide great opportunities for our students to learn, grow and develop personal and team leadership skills related to career fields in which they have an interest: