If you are new to the Camas School District or have a child starting school for the first time, welcome!  If your child previously attended in the Camas School District, but is currently inactive, welcome back!  We look forward to registering your students.  Please read all the information below in preparation of the registration process.


2021-2022 School Year Registration

  • Due to the pandemic, we are able to process only online registrations at this time. Please follow Option #1 below. If you need assistance, please email CSD.Registrar@camas.wednet.edu
  • Please note, it could take up to two – three business days for registrations to be processed, schedules/teachers assigned and Chromebooks issued. You will receive a welcome email upon processing your registration file, followed by communication from your school.


2022-2023 School Year Registration

K-12 registration will open on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 for the 2022-23 school year. K-12 registrations will not be accepted prior to that date.


How To Register?

  1. Online Registration We are happy to offer online registration for your convenience!  To proceed with online registration, you MUST upload the following documentation:
    • Medically Verified Proof of Immunization* (see below for more information)
    • Birth Certificate (preschool, kindergarten, and first grade)
    • Proof of Residency (see list of accepted documents below)
    • Unofficial Transcript (high schools)
    • Withdrawal/Checkout Grades if during the school year (middle and high schools)
    • If applicable, any IEP or 504 documents
  • If you do have access to a photo or a scan of the required documents, submit them. After, you will receive an email with the completed documents for you to sign. Next, watch your email inbox for additional directions.
  • If you do not have access to a photo or a scan of the required documents, please email CSD.Registrar@camas.wednet.edu.
  • Ready to begin Online Registration? Follow this link!
  1. Paper Registration with AppointmentIf you do not have computer or internet access, please contact District Registrar Maria Spencer at 360-833-5410 or maria.spencer@camas.wednet.edu to schedule an appointment or request more information. At your appointment, you will be asked to provide the items listed below in the Registration Packet Documents.


Required Registration Documents

Please bring the completed registration packet with the following documents when registering your child:

  • Registration packet: English
  • Registration packet: русский
  • Registration packet: Español
  • State-issued birth certificate or other legal document confirming the date of birth (preschool, kindergarten, and first grade).
  • For grades K–8:
    • If registering for kindergarten, please watch our Welcome To Kindergarten video!
    • Copy of most recent report card
    • Medically Verified Proof of Immunization* – see below
    • Proof of Residency documents – see below
  • For grades 9–12:
    • Copy of most recent report card and/or transcripts of classes completed
    • Medically Verified Proof of Immunization* – see below
    • Proof of Residency documents – see below
  • IEP and current evaluation (if your child is receiving Special Services support) OR 504 Plan OR Individual Health Plan (if your child has one).
  • If your child received Highly Capable Program services in his/her previous school or you are interested in evaluation, click here to read about the Highly Capable Referral, Selection, Placement & Transfer Process.



Starting with registration for the 2021-2022 school year, all immunization records turned in to schools or child care centers are required by state law to be medically verified. Immunization records must be turned into Central Registration prior to registration being processed.  Provided immunization records must be from a health care provider, a State Department of Health or you must attach paperwork from a health care provider to your handwritten form that shows your child’s records are accurate. We cannot process registration and your child cannot attend school until you provide these records.

Here are some examples of medically verified immunization records:

  • A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a health care provider. Find the CIS form by visiting https://www.doh.wa.gov/SCCI and clicking on “Certificate of Immunization Status.”
  • A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached.
  • A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System.
  • If your child’s immunizations have been administered in WA State, you can obtain a medically verified CIS form from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. Go to https://wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign-up process.

If you are requesting an exemption from one or more of the immunization requirements, you must provide the school a completed Certificate of Exemption.


Proof of Residency

To establish a student’s residence, the parent or legal guardian must supply two documents listed below:

  • Current payroll check stub with name and address (not a personal check)
  • Government check
  • Address Confidentiality Program Letter stating attendance area school
  • Redacted 1099 or W-2 (amounts and Social Security number blacked out)
  • Government correspondence
  • Renter or homeowners policy declaration
  • Current utility bill (water, sewer, gas, or electric)
  • Unexpired signed lease agreement with receipt or canceled check
  • Closing documents (final settlement/closing statement)

Note: If you cannot supply the documentation listed, you will be referred to the school placement officer to determine an appropriate pathway for proof of residency that may include a home visit.

Please present the original, requested document(s) at the time of registration. Copies will be made and the original documents returned to you.



As part of the registration process, you will be required to read and sign the Residency Verification Affidavit form found in the registration packet. Misrepresentation of residency information or failure to follow through with the statements in the affidavit will result in student withdrawal from the district.