The more precisely you can identify the record you seek, the more responsive we can be. Camas School District provides access to existing public records in its possession; however, the district is not required to collect information or organize data to create a record not existing at the time of the request.
How We Will Respond to Your Public Records Request
Within five business days of receipt of the request (day one is the first working day after the request is received), the district will do one or more of the following:
- Make the records available for inspection or copying; or
- Identify an internet location where the record can be accessed. Requesters who cannot access the internet may be provided hard copies or access to a district terminal to access the record; or
- If copies are requested and payment of a deposit for the copies, if any, is made or terms of payment are agreed upon, send the copies to the requester; or
- Provide a reasonable estimate of when records will be available; or
- If the requestor is unclear or does not sufficiently identify the requested records, the district may request clarification. The public records officer or designee may revise the estimate of when records will be available based on any clarification received; or
- Deny the request.
Costs for Public Records
A new fee schedule became effective in September 2017. Refer to the Public Records Request Fee Schedule below.
|Customized service charge (in addition to fees for copies–see below)||Actual Cost|
|Photocopies, printed copies of electronic records when requested by the requestor, or for the use of district equipment to make photocopies||15 cents/page|
|Scanned records, or use of agency equipment for scanning||10 cents/page|
|Records uploaded to email, or cloud-based data storage service, or other means of electronic delivery||5 cents/each for electronic files or attachments|
|Records transmitted in electronic format or for use of district equipment to send records electronically||10 cents/gigabyte|
|Digital storage media or devices||Actual Cost|
|Any container or envelope used to mail copies||Actual Cost|
We accept requests through our online request portal. Note that first-time users will need to create an account.
Requests may also be submitted in a letter. Please make your request as detailed as possible to help us better locate the relevant records.
Deliver/mail/fax requests to:
Camas School District ℅ Public Information Department
841 NE 22nd Avenue, Camas, WA 98607
District records must be inspected at the Zellerbach Administration Center, 841 NE 22nd Avenue, Camas. Public records are made available for inspection and copying during normal business hours of the district, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding District holidays.
The district may adopt modified business hours during June-August, at which time business hours will be 7:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or as published on the district website.
District offices will be CLOSED on holidays that are set forth on the calendar available on the district’s website, but normally include all state holidays, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.