This authorization is required for anyone that needs to transports students in a district vehicle. Type 2 credentials are only required for planned events and non-emergent situations. Note: It is acceptable for a staff member to transport a student home due to illness without Type 2 authorization.
The class consists of an explanation of district requirements, a presentation on defensive driving, and a video.
Type 2 Requirements
Authorization requires staff to meet and continue to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a valid Washington State Driver’s License (Current license must remain on file)
- Be certified in First Aid/CPR (Current copy must remain on file)
- Submit a current driver’s abstract for the past 5 years
- Complete an Annual Disclosure Statement (Renew annually)
- Pass F. B. I. and Washington State Patrol Criminal record checks (A requirement met for all CSD employees)
- Complete the online training through SafeSchools
You’ll need to log into SafeSchools and complete the following training videos:
- Defensive Driving (21 min)
- Distracted Driving (14 min)
- City Driving (17 min)
- Winter Driving (17 min)
- Van Safety (28 min)
Once complete, please send in all required forms to the Transportation Office, Attn: Driver Trainer. Do not send any credentials before you complete the training. Once approved, your name will be added to the list of authorized Type 2 drivers. This list is checked before authorization to drive students is issued. Your authorization will remain current as long as you keep your credentials current with the Transportation Department.
Please send the following required forms to the Transportation Office:
- Current Driver’s License (if you renew please send an updated copy to the Transportation Department)
- Driving Abstract –Be sure to check the ‘complete record’ box. (Needs to be done annually and sent to the Transportation Department)
- Annual Disclosure Statement (Needs to be done annually and sent to the Transportation Department)
- Current First Aid/CPR (When you renew, please send the current copy to the Transportation Department)
No person shall be authorized as a Type 2 driver who (WAC 392-144-103):
- In the preceding five year period, has been convicted or cited by lawful authority, (except those citations which a court or authorized administrative agency has found the applicant to be “not guilty” of), for violation of law involving hit and run driving, driving while intoxicated or under the influence of narcotics or dangerous drugs, reckless driving or negligent driving.
- Has had his/her driving license privilege suspended or revoked by a court or authorized agency in the preceding five-year period.
- Upon receiving his/her abstract, a “Failure to Appear”, will result in not being employed until this is removed by court action.
- Persons who have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, reckless driving or negligent driving will be subject to termination.
- Persons whose abstracts reflect “Failure to Appear,” have thirty days to have it removed by court action. Failure to have this done will subject the driver to termination.
Renewing your Type 2 License
If you have completed the training through Camas School District Transportation Department, your name will be on the list of authorized Type 2 Drivers. This list is checked before authorization to drive students is issued. If your driver’s license changes, such as your address, or you had to renew your license, please send your updated information to the Transportation Department to remain current.