Camas School District Preschools
Camas School District runs several early childhood preschool programs for ages 2 ½ through 5 years old. All programs are led by an experienced preschool instructors – many of which are certified teachers – and their qualified support staff. Each day is designed to meet every child’s social, emotional, physical, communication, cognitive, and pre-academic needs, using research-based instructional practices and activities aimed at achieving kindergarten readiness.
Camas School District Preschools:
2021-2022 Preschool Registration
- Thursday, February 25, 2021: Informational webinars available 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. (see below link to listen to the meeting’s audio taping)
- Monday, March 15, 2021: Registration opens for existing families
- Monday, March 22, 2021: Google form posted to get a registration number for new families
- Thursday, March 25, 2021: Registration closes for existing families
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021: In person registration for new families (registration number required)
Informational Webinars: If you missed our informational webinars on February 25 led by the Directors of each program, feel free to listen to the audio taping.
Listen in! CSD Preschool Informational Webinars
Access Passcode: HdwNM7%*
Registering Existing Families:
- Monday, March 15 @ 8:00 a.m. (online registration only): Existing families in all three preschools may register (this includes siblings) starting at 8:00 a.m. on March 15, 2021.
- Camas Community Preschool (Heights Learning Center – formerly Lacamas Heights Elementary)
- Integrated Preschool (Heights Learning Center – formerly Lacamas Heights Elementary)
- Papermaker Preschool (Camas High School)
- How to register: all existing families will be emailed a link for the online registration form.
- Deadline for existing families: Thursday, March 25 @ 5:00 p.m.
Registering New Families:
Part 1 of 2 – Get a Registration Number (online)
- Registration opens up: Monday, March 22 @ 8:00 a.m.
- How to get a registration number: You must complete an online google form to receive a registration number – see the link here. NOTE – The link will not go “live” until 8:00 a.m. on March 22nd. Preschool – New Family Registration Form
- Deadline for filling out google form: Thursday, March 25 @ 8:00 a.m.
- To be equitable, we randomize the forms for number assignments. It is a lottery. You will receive an email by 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 26 giving you a registration number, a time to come for in-person registration on Tuesday, March 30, and all other instructions.
Part 2 of 2 – Register (in person)
- Tuesday, March 30 @ 8:00 a.m. – Registration will take place at the Heights Learning Center at 4600 NE Garfield, Camas, WA. (formerly Lacamas Heights Elementary
- We will start with number 1 at 8:00 a.m. It may seem discouraging if you receive a higher number, but it is important to note that this registration is for three different preschools with several different ages/classes. We also create waitlists.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required.
About Papermaker Preschool
An early childhood preschool program for children ages 4–5 years, with and without special needs
- Led by a highly qualified, certificated teacher, a teacher assistant, and a paraprofessional with early childhood experience
- Supported by early-childhood professionals, including a speech/language pathologist, occupational therapist, and a physical therapist
- Designed to meet children’s social-emotional, cognitive, physical, communication, and pre-academic needs
- Promotes kindergarten readiness
- Home to a unique mentoring program whereby high school students work with preschoolers
- Age Requirement: Must be 4 years of age by August 31
- Location: Camas High School, 26900 SE 15th St., Camas, WA 98607
- Days: All students attend five days a week – M/T/W/Th
- Session Options: Morning session, 8:50–11:20 AM / Afternoon session, 12:20–2:50 PM
- Tuition: $325 per month for 10 months + $100 non-refundable yearly application fee
For more information about the Papermaker Preschool, contact the Camas School District registrar at 360-833-5410 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about your child’s development, contact CSD Special Services at 360-833-5570.