Posted: February 25, 2020
Our student Chromebooks have reached the end of their lease cycle. Students in grades 9 – 11 will be rotating through the CHS library with their English teacher to check in old Chromebooks and check out new ones during the week of March 9-13. Twelfth-grade students will turn in Chromebooks at the end of the school year.
How to Prepare for the Chromebook Exchange:
- Please remove any stickers that may have been added to the device. Leave on the barcode.
- Be sure to have both the case & charger as well as have the device fully charged.
- For those without assurance, or those that have exhausted their assurance, there are fines for broken and missing items:
- Missing chargers and cases are $10 each
- Broken keyboards and screens are $20 each
- Lost or vandalized Chromebooks will receive a $50 fine. Vandalized includes carved, missing cameras and such.
- If you haven’t purchased assurance, you can do so during the exchange. Assurance is $20 and will cover the device until the end of this school year. This can be done in the library from March 9-13.
Want to purchase your OLD Chromebook?
- You may purchase your Chromebook for $50 when your English class rotates through the CHS library. These payments must be done via cash or check.
- Purchased devices become personal property and are sold as-is. This means the Camas School District will not be able to monitor or filter internet activity. It also means the assurance will no longer apply and the device will no longer be supported by our technology department staff. These Chromebooks may use our guest Wi-Fi while on campus, which is filtered.
A little bit about the NEW devices:
- New Chromebooks will include a built-in case for added protection and will come with a USB Type-C charger.
- New devices will be covered by previously purchased assurance through the end of this school year.
- We have leased these devices for three years.
Interested in why we lease?
- Leasing allows us to provide devices to all of our students at once instead of in cycles as funding becomes available.
- Purchasing in large quantities allows us to receive deep discounts on products, as well as sell the used items back after our lease has ended.
- Leasing allows us to support one model of device district-wide.
For further details, please go to bit.ly/camaschrome