The following documents must be completed and returned to Human Resources at your New Hire Orientation. Please complete the forms in their entirety. If you are unable to print out the documents at home, this website is available through any WiFi service such as libraries, community centers, etc.
Please Note: When you come for your onsite orientation, you must have your original social security card and the form of ID being used to complete the I-9 as these are REQUIRED by payroll. If you do not have your proper identification, you will not be allowed to participate and will be asked to reschedule your Orientation date.
Don’t have your Social Security Card? You can order a replacement online.
Forms & Directions
Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
This form is required for all new employees by the US Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service to verify employment eligibility. Along with this form bring the required documentation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION FORM (I-9):
- Complete Section 1 with your personal information.
- Check the box with your appropriate resident status.
- Do not sign until you bring in your documentation to the district office.
- Leave the form blank below the signature line.
- Leave the second page blank.
Criminal History Background Check - Fingerprints
This form allows us to perform a background check and run fingerprints which is a requirement of employment with our district.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK-FINGERPRINTS FORM:
Background Check Form
- Fill out all required fields.
- There are three options to check at the bottom of the form.
a. If you have been fingerprinted before list where the fingerprinting took place. (Note it must be another school district, College, or University).
b. If you are a new employee (not a substitute) that has not been fingerprinted the fingerprinting fee will come as a deduction on your first paycheck.
c. Substitutes will pay in cash or check at the time of fingerprinting.
Personnel Emergency Information Form
This form gives important contact information to be used in case of an emergency.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE PERSONNEL EMERGENCY INFORMATION FORM:
Personnel Emergency Information Form
- This form is used to audit information in our personnel system.
- Complete the form with name, address, phone number, etc.
- Provide two LOCAL emergency contacts in case you have an emergency and are not able to provide this information at the time.
Immunization History Form
In the event of an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease in a school, the local health officer has the authority to exclude all susceptible persons, including school staff. This authority has been exercised in several school districts where a confirmed case of a vaccine-preventable disease has occurred. “Susceptible” means any staff member born after January 1, 1957. It is strongly recommended that all susceptible staff members (including guest employees) provide evidence of vaccination or immunity to measles, rubella, and mumps. A diphtheria-tetanus booster is also recommended for adults every 10 years. If you need to be immunized or have concerns, please contact your personal physician, clinic, or local health department.
This form provides documentation of immunizations.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE IMMUNIZATION FORM:
- Complete the top portion of the form with your name and date of birth.
- If your birthdate is before January 1, 1957, you only need to complete this portion and sign and date in the Certification box at the bottom right.
- Enter the dates of your MMR Immunization(s) in each box. The year of the immunization is sufficient.
- Sign and date the certification box at the bottom right of the form.
You can choose to take a personal or religious exemption by checking the appropriate box and signing and dating under the exemption section. A staff member may claim an exemption from the immunization documentation but may be excluded from their work site for the duration of an outbreak of a disease.
Immunization History Form
Washington State Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Release
Complete one form for each school district you have worked for in a paid position. This includes school districts or private schools in Washington State, another state, or another country.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE WASHINGTON STATE SEXUAL MISCONDUCT DISCLOSURE RELEASE:
- In the first blank area enter the name and address of your previous school district.
- In the second blank area enter your personal information as completely as possible.
- Sign and date the form.
If you have never worked in a school district place an “X” in the box in the upper right corner.
Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Release
- Enter your name in the personal information section.
- At least the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Sign and date.
This form is stating our confidentiality agreement and that you agree to uphold it during your employment.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT:
Confidentiality Agreement Form
- Enter the Month, Day, and Year of the date you are filling completing the form.
- Enter your full name
- At the bottom of the form: Sign your name on the recipient line.
The W4 determines the amount of your Federal withholding taxes. Please read through all the instructions on the W4 Form carefully.
Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate
- Please fill out, sign, and turn in your completed form to Payroll. You may also update your W4 information through your Employee Online account under Payroll Information, Tax Withholding.
- Be sure to complete steps 1 a, b, and c, and step 2. Sign and date at the bottom. Steps 3 and 4 are optional.
- If filing Exempt, be sure to read the section on Page 2 of the W4 Form, under Exemption from withholding, and ONLY fill out steps 1a, 1b, and step 5 and write the word EXEMPT below step 4c. If anything else is filled out, it will void the form.
- Until your W4 information is received, your withholding will be entered as Single or Married, filing separately (first box in Step 1c) and only have one job (Step 2).
Direct Deposit Form
This form is required by the Department of Retirement Services .
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE RETIREMENT STATUS FORM:
Retirement Status Form
- Enter your full legal name.
- Enter your social security number.
- Answer all questions 1-3.
- Sign and Date.
National Board Bonus Information Form
FOR CERTIFICATED STAFF ONLY
Please complete the form for each school that you have a teaching assignment with and turn it in with your new hire paperwork.
National Board Bonus Form
- Enter your First and Last Name
- Enter the School Name (please complete one form for each school)
- Enter your WA State Certification #
- Enter your National Board Certification Expiration Date
- Indicate your National Board Certificate area
Required Reading & Videos:
In addition to completing the forms above, it is imperative that you read through the documents & board policies below. When you have completed all forms and required reading, fill out the short online form below to verify you have received these materials.
Additionally, you will be receiving a link from SafeSchools with three required training videos. These videos must be viewed within 60 days of your hire date or you can be removed from your position. If you do not receive the e-mail to safe schools within 5 days of your hire date please reach out to HR at 360-335-3000 option 8.