This authorization is required for anyone that needs to transports students in a district vehicle. Type 2 credentials are only required for planned events and non-emergent situations. Note: It is acceptable for a staff member to transport a student home due to illness without Type 2 authorization.
The class consists of an explanation of district requirements, a presentation on defensive driving, and a video.
You’ll need to schedule a time to come into the Transportation Department to view the training video. Please bring a current driver’s license, auto insurance card, driving abstract, and First Aid/CPR Card (if you have it). Do not send any credentials before you complete the video training. Once approved, your name will be on the approved driver roster. This roster is checked before authorization to drive students is issued. You will remain current if you completed the requirements by sending the required filled out forms back to this department along with copies of your current credentials.
Type 2 Requirements
Authorization requires staff to meet and continue to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a valid Washington State Driver’s License (Current license must remain on file)
- Submit a current driver’s abstract for the past 5 years
- Complete an Annual Disclosure Statement (Renew annually)
- Pass F. B. I. and Washington State Patrol Criminal record checks (A requirement met for all CSD employees)
- Watch the Type 2 Authorization Course video and successfully complete the quiz on pages 11-12 of the Type 2 Training Packet.
- Provide proof of insurance (For use of personal vehicle; renew upon expiration)
Please send to the Transportation Office, 1125 NE 22nd Avenue, Camas, WA 98607, current copies of the following:
- Drivers License
- Driving Abstract –Be sure to check the ‘complete record’ box.
No person shall be employed who (WAC 392-144-103):
- In the preceding five year period, has been convicted or cited by lawful authority, (except those citations which a court or authorized administrative agency has found the applicant to be “not guilty” of), for violation of law involving hit and run driving, driving while intoxicated or under the influence of narcotics or dangerous drugs, reckless driving or negligent driving.
- Has had his/her driving license privilege suspended or revoked by a court or authorized agency in the preceding five-year period.
- Upon receiving his/her abstract, a “Failure to Appear”, will result in not being employed until this is removed by court action.
- Persons who have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, reckless driving or negligent driving will be subject to termination.
- Persons whose abstracts reflect “Failure to Appear,” have thirty days to have it removed by court action. Failure to have this done will subject driver to termination.
Renewing your Type 2 License
If you have taken the class in the past through our department at Camas Transportation, your name will be on the attendance roster. This roster is checked before authorization to drive students is issued. If your driver’s license or insurance information changes, such as your address or insurance company, send your updated information to the Transportation Department by email to remain current.