Free & Reduced Meal Service InformationSpecial Dietary RequestsMyMealtime Account InstructionsMeal Charge Policy

Due to changes in Federal funding, free meals will no longer be offered this year. Families are responsible for full meal costs unless they are approved for free or reduced-cost meals. Free or reduced meal applications must be submitted yearly, even if you had previously qualified. Parents are responsible for meal charges before an application is processed and approved. Also, the timely submission of an application is critical. Benefits can only begin after the application has been processed and approved, which can take up to 10 days.

Important: Washington Income Guidelines have changed, creating more opportunities for CSD families. For example, a family of four with a yearly gross income of $55,500 or less qualifies for free meals: Eligiblity Requirements.

How to apply for Free & Reduced Meal Service (can take up to 10 days to process):

  1. Read the informational letter: English or Espanol.
  2. Download and complete the application: English or Espanol. You can pick up a paper application at your student’s school or district office. Email the application to, or mail it to the Zellerbach Administration Center, 841 NE 22nd Avenue, Camas, WA 98607.
  3. You can also apply online through Skyward Family Access after August 21. (Once you are logged into Family Access, click the Food Service tab on the left. Select one of your students, then click the word Applications near the top of the page on the right. Click Add Application and follow the instructions.)

Other Benefits to Free & Reduced Meal Qualification:

Families are strongly encouraged to complete a meal benefits form for additional discounts and offers to support their child’s educational experience. We want to help, and the State requires completed meal benefit forms for assistance programs. Students who qualify for meal benefits are also eligible for discounted rates on:

  • Athletic fees
  • Club fees
  • District technology fees
  • School-age childcare (SAC)
  • AP tests
  • SAT/ACT tests

Applying and qualifying for meal benefits can also help students with the following:

  • Financial aid (FAFSA, EFC – Expected Family Contribution)
  • Scholarship opportunities
  • Free wireless hot spots from the 10 Million Project

Participation in the free or reduced meal program helps support students and staff, as well as qualifies the Camas School District for federal funds, including:

  • Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program eligibility
  • Eligibility for severe need rates
  • National School Lunch Program equipment grants
  • Teacher loan forgiveness
  • ESEA Programs: Title I, Part A; Title II, Part A; Title V

If you have questions or concerns, please contact Tamara Westmoreland at 360-335-3000 ext. 79094 or

Camas School District takes students’ dietary needs seriously. If your student has a special dietary need, please print and complete this form and return it to the school nurse. We will follow up with you regarding your student’s needs. If you have any questions, please get in touch with Tamara Westmoreland at 360-335-3000 ext. 79094 or

Families now have the opportunity to view their student’s lunch purchase history and current balance and to make credit card deposits online. PLEASE NOTE: There is a charge of 5% per transaction fee and a minimum deposit of $20 when using this service. Deposits can also be made via cash or check (made payable to the student’s school or to Camas School District) and can be sent with the student or dropped off at the school’s front office.

A MealTime account is not required, as all students have a meal account created for them when they register for school. The online account is an optional way to monitor student balances (meal account balances do not show up in Skyward) or add funds using a debit or credit card. In addition to the 5% transaction fee, there is a minimum deposit amount of $20 per transaction. MealTime sets these fees and limits.

To create a MealTime account, you will need your student ID number. This number can be found in Skyward Family Access under the Student Info tab and is listed as “Other ID.” Once you have the student’s ID number, go to and follow these steps:

Step 1:   Create a online parent account

  • Click on the “Create new account” link
  • Enter a Username and Password. The Username and Password must be at least six characters. For example, Username: jsmith  Password: pty845

Step 2:   Add Students

  • Log in to your online account using the Username and Password that you created in Step 1
  • Click on Add New Student
  • Choose Washington and Camas School District
  • Choose your child’s school
  • Enter the child’s first name and ID number, which can be found in your Skyward Family Access account under the Student Info tab that is located on the left side. The student ID number starts with 09XXXXX.
  • Repeat the process to add more students to your account if needed
  • Click Back to Home when you are finished adding students

Step 3:

  To Make a Deposit

  • Click on the Make Deposit link to deposit funds into the account
  • PLEASE NOTE: There is a charge of 5% per transaction and a minimum deposit amount of $20 when using this service

  To View Balance and Purchase History

  • Click on View Details next to your student’s name. The balance will appear in the Student Details section. To view purchase history, choose the month you wish to view from the drop-down menu.

If you have any questions, please contact Tamara Westmoreland at 360-335-3000, ext. 79094, or

No student will be denied a reimbursable meal, even if they have accrued a negative balance from previous purchases.

A meal account is automatically created for ALL students when they enroll in the district. Any student eligible for paid meals but with insufficient funds to purchase a reimbursable first meal is allowed to charge the meal to their district food service account. There is no limit to the amount that a student can charge when receiving their reimbursable meals for each meal period. The only exception is if the student’s parent or guardian has requested that the school district not allow the student to charge meals to their account. To place a block or restriction on your student(s) meal account, please contact

Students who have a negative meal account balance will not be permitted to purchase a la carte items, second meals, or milk when purchased separately from a meal.

The District will make reasonable, discrete efforts to notify families when meal account balances are low through the use of weekly balance statements sent out. The District will also make reasonable, discrete efforts to collect delinquent (overdue) unpaid meal charges, which is an allowable use of National School Food Service Account (NSFSA) funds, and will coordinate communications with families to resolve the charges.


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or email:

OSPI Complaint Procedure & Form (PDF)
OSPI Complaint Procedure & Form – Spanish (PDF)

If you need school meal program information in another language, please call 360-833-5570.