Registering for School

The following steps provide information and forms to register your child. Please note that registration is centrally located at the Camas School District Administration Office located at 841 NE 22nd Ave, Camas, WA.

Below you will find a link to the registration packet. For your convenience, you may complete and print these forms or fill them out manually, then bring them to your registration appointment at the Administration Center.

It is necessary to schedule a registration appointment if your student is new to the district. Please contact Shanna Michelle or Becky Stauffer, District Registrars, at 360-833-5410 or to set an appointment.

New student registration begins March 1 for preschool, kindergarten, and first through twelfth grades. Kindergarten orientation events for the 2016-2017 school year are scheduled in May 2016. Click here to see the kindergarten orientation schedule.


Please bring the completed registration packet with the following documents when registering your child:

  • Registration packet
  • Birth Certificate or passport for students entering preschool, kindergarten, or first grade.
  • For grades 1-8:
    • Copy of most recent report card
    • Immunization information*
    • Proof of Residency documents-see below
  •  For grades 9-12:
    • Copy of most recent report card and/or transcripts of classes completed
    • Immunization information*
    • Proof of Residency documents-see below
  • IEP and current evaluation (if your child is receiving Special Services support) OR 504 Plan OR Individual Health Plan (if your child has one).


Upon registration, you must provide current immunization information for your preschool through high-school age student.

Proof of Residency

To establish a student’s residence, the parent or legal guardian must supply 2 documents listed below:

  • Current payroll check stub with name and address (not a personal check)
  • Government check
  • Address Confidentiality Program Letter stating attendance area school
  • Redacted 1099 or W-2 (amounts & Social Security number blacked out)
  • Government correspondence
  • Renter or Homeowners Policy Declaration
  • Current utility bill (water, sewer, gas, or electric)
  • Unexpired signed lease agreement with receipt or cancelled check
  • Closing documents

Note: If you cannot supply the documentation listed, you will be referred to the School Placement Officer to determine an appropriate pathway for proof of residency that may include a home visit..

Please present the original, requested document(s) at the time of registration. Copies will be made and the original documents returned to you.


As part of the registration process, you will be required to read and sign the Residency Verification Affidavit form found in the registration packet.

Misrepresentation of residency information or failure to follow through with the statements in the affidavit will result in student withdrawal from the district.

Learning by Choice

Student Enrollment Options

Most students in Washington go to the public schools that are closest to their homes. But parents and guardians have many enrollment options for their kids. Students can attend an approved private school, enroll in an Alternative Learning Experience program (such as an online school), be taught at home, or attend a charter school. In some circumstances, they also can transfer to other schools within or outside the district in which they live.     Click this link to read about all the options.
District Events