Posted: April 26, 2017
The Sports Medicine Club and PlaySmart are hosting a free heart screening event next week in order to prevent death or serious complications related to a cardiac conditions in young athletes.
· Who: CHS and HFHS students only
· What: Free! No health insurance required
· When: May 1st & 2nd from 8:00AM to 4:00PM
· Where: CHS Wrestling Room
· Why: Most potentially life threatening cardiac conditions are NOT detectable during a standard physical.
This exam picks up subtle electrical abnormalities that may indicate risk factors or the presence of a cardiac abnormality.
The average age of athletic related sudden cardiac death is 17 years old.
· To sign up: Complete and sign the contract and bring it to CHS by Friday, 4/28.
Forms will be collected at both lunches by the Sports Med Club, Mr. Howell, and Nurse Joan.