Posted: January 30, 2017
The Camas School District is asking voters to approve a four-year Maintenance and Operations Levy and a Technology Levy to replace the current levies which will expire at the end of 2017. Ballots for the February 14 election will be mailed to voters’ homes in late January.
- Click here to watch the 6.5-minute presentation we’re sharing at community meetings.
- Click here to read the informational brochure that was mailed homes on Fri., Jan. 27.
- Click here to see the sample ballot at the Clark County Elections website.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the total amount of the M&O levy proposal?
The district is requesting authorization of $16.1 million for 2018, $16.58 million for 2019, $17.08 million for 2020, and $17.59 million for 2021.
2. Will my total taxes increase with the approval of this levy? How much do Camas patrons pay for all local school taxes?
Yes. Tax rates are based on the assessed value of your property. Currently, you pay $6.25 per $1,000 of your assessed value. We’re projecting the new rate will be $6.31 per $1,000. Rates are based on projected assessed value increases of 6% in 2018 and 3% each of the following years. We are conservatively forecasting a slowdown in the assessed value growth, however, if actual assessed values are higher, the rates will be lower.
3. When is the deadline? Where are drop box sites?
Ballots must be mailed or dropped in drop box locations by February 14, 2017. In Camas, these are the only drop box locations:
- Dorothy Fox Elementary School
- Grace Foursquare Gospel Church
- Outside the downtown Camas Post Office
Questions? Let us know!