Posted: March 22, 2017
Did you know that more than 1,000 children in Camas get subsidized nutrition during the week in our schools? We help make sure that the neediest among them don’t go hungry over the weekend, but supplies are low.
Want to help?
Drop off food donations at your school or the Treasure House and specify the items are for the Camas backpack program. You’ll be helping kids in all grades across Camas!
- Canned meals (chili, stew, ravioli, etc.)
- Small jars of peanut butter
- Jelly/jam (we can never seem to get enough)
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Oatmeal packets
- Macaroni and cheese
- Dried nuts, dried fruit
- Canned fruit/fruit cups/pouches
- Granola bars (no soft bars, they crumble)
- Fresh fruit and veggies (oranges, apples, pears,
- Bananas, plums, nectarines, baby carrots, celery sticks, snap peas, etc.)
- Jerky/pepperoni sticks (can be large bags, will be bagged for individuals)