Posted: October 23, 2017
Calling all artists: Submit your holiday card design now!
The Holiday Card Contest is an opportunity for Camas School District students to showcase their artwork and for our community to recognize the importance of arts in education.
The contest is open to all CSD students in grades K-12. Three submissions will be selected to be published on the CSD website and used as our District’s holiday greeting card. The students who submit the selected artwork will receive cards for their own use.
Holiday Card Contest Guidelines
- The contest is open to public school students in grades K-12.
- Drawings should reflect holiday or winter scenes appropriate for seasonal correspondence, and should not include copyrighted images such as Garfield the Cat, Bugs Bunny, etc.
- Design theme should reflect winter in the school district, Camas, holidays, etc. All ideas are welcome; however, only nonreligious themes and language will be considered in order to be inclusive of our diverse student body.
- Drawings should be 5.5 x 4 inches (landscape format).
- Drawings must be properly labeled. Student name, student grade, and the school name must be included on the back of the artwork. Please make sure this information is legible.
- Students may use as many colors as they wish in their drawings and may use watercolors, colored paper, magic markers, crayons, or some combination. Students are encouraged to completely fill the page but keep the design simple. Too many details tend to get lost in the design. Bold colors work best for the printing process. Please note: Fabric designs and pencil drawings are not suitable for our printing process and will not be selected.
- Students must be advised that entry into this contest constitutes (1) a waiver of all copyrights students have in their entries, and (2) permission to republish entries without compensation.
- Drawings will not be returned.
- The winning entries from each grade level (elementary, middle, and high) will be published on the CSD website.
- Results will be announced in December.
Submissions must be postmarked by Monday, November 13, 2017. Please mail or bring to the Communications Office, Zellerbach Admin Center, 841 NE 22nd Avenue, Camas, WA 98607.