Posted: March 8, 2017
Congratulations to the outstanding Camas High School Musicians who performed in the Lower Columbia River Music Educators’ Association’s annual Solo & Ensemble Festival at Evergreen High School. The instrumental division was held on Saturday, February 25, and the vocal division took place on Saturday, March 4.
The festival is an opportunity for soloists and small ensembles to perform for judges, receive feedback, and earn the honor of performing at the Washington State Solo & Ensemble Festival at Central Washington University in Ellensburg on April 28-29, 2017.
Camas was the only school to have someone place in the top 3 in every vocal category.
Among many other fine performances by Camas musicians, the following students placed as qualifiers or alternates for the state competition:
- Morgan Dunn, 1st Alternate, Soprano Voice
- Hannah Upkes, 2nd Alternate, Mezzo Soprano Voice
- Janessa Wilson, State Qualifier, Alto Voice
- Isaac Dizon, State Qualifier, Tenor Voice
- Joshua Rule, 2nd Alternate, Tenor Voice
- Darin JeanBlanc, 1st Alternate, Baritone Voice
- Alexander Lee, 1st Alternate, Clarinet
- John Neumann, State Qualifier, Tuba
- Sophia Hansen, 1st Alternate, Viola
- Lucas Abrahamsen, 1st Alternate, Mallets
- Camas Tuba-Horn Duet, 1st Alternate, Brass-Small Ensemble
- Brian Lee, 2nd Alternate, Viola
- Bryant Wilson, 3rd place, Bass Voice
Congratulations to these talented students and their directors, Ethan Chessin and Richard Mancini, for continuing to lead our Camas musicians.