Posted: February 13, 2018
If unsure of the director district in which you live in, click HERE.
- Please answer the following questions in no more than 500 words each.
- Review the WSSDA Board Standards; why do you want to serve as a school board member?
- Describe any experiences, talent, and skills you can contribute to the Camas School District.
- Give a brief biographical sketch of self: training, interests, experience on policy boards, community and/or school activities, etc.
- In your opinion, what are the most significant challenges facing public schools today? How would you propose to address these challenges?
- What does equity mean to you?
- Identify any commitments which might prevent you from attending regularly scheduled meetings (5:30 PM every second and fourth Monday of each month), participation in workshops (typically held once a month at 4 PM prior to a board meeting), reviewing study materials, etc.
- Attach a resume and at least three community references.
- Submit your application and additional materials to Gail Gast at 841 NE 22nd Avenue, Camas, WA 98607 or email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until noon on 3/2/18. Interviews will be conducted 3/26/18 at 3:30 PM in a Board Workshop.
For more information about the process for filling a vacant Board position can be found at:
You may also request more information through Gail Gast at 841 NE 22nd Avenue, Camas, WA 98607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Board Protocol
- Serving on Your Local School Board – Information for Candidates
- Time Commitment